Neoprene Buoyancy Short ‘The Premium Option’
Extra buoyancy designed for heavy legged swimmers.
- Concept has helped 1000’s of swimmers improve their swim technique and speed.
- New design and comfort focused waistband.
Product Overview |
The Buoyancy Shorts were first developed by Zone3 back in 2007. The original invention of this product was made using a 5:3mm thickness smoothskin material but due to their overwhelming popularity, Zone3 have now released a more buoyant and comfort focused design called ‘The Premium Option’.
The shorts are made from a combination of Yamamoto #39 SCS on the front and back panels and Yamamoto SCS Aerodome on the side panels. The #39 SCS material gives a softer, lighter and more flexible fit, whilst the Aerodome aids the athlete with more buoyancy and hip rotation. This is suitable, in particular, for the heavy legged swimmers looking to refine their technique.
The product concept has eight years of fantastic customer reviews behind it. Our buoyancy shorts have helped thousands of swimmers to improve their body position in the water and to refine their swim technique.
They are designed to give an alternative to a pull buoy, give a more natural feeling of buoyancy and allow swimmers to develop their swimming with extra core support. The latest version of these shorts now includes a more comfort focused waistband and updated graphics.
The SCS coating ensures minimal drag through the water and the Aerodome material features air bubbles between neoprene layers offering 30% more buoyancy than standard neoprene. The shorts have been designed using 3mm neoprene down the centre and 5mm neoprene down the sides. The 3mm provides the additional buoyancy whilst the 5mm side panels complement this by promoting hip rotation through each stroke. The shorts are stitched and bonded just the same as a triathlon wetsuit.
Key Features |
The shorts serve three main purposes:
1. For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor which prevents them from swimming faster is the lack of core stability and leg kick. Their arm strength and technique are good but because they are not horizontal on the top of the water they create a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’ which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
With the buoyancy shorts the swimmer can get more used to swimming in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, so they start to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on making a more effective leg kick and better forward glide with each stroke, without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
With the extra buoyancy support, the swimmer can also focus more on the technique of their arm stroke, without the constant battle to keep the hips and legs in a high position in the water.
Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts.
2. Suitable for any level of triathlete who wants to refine their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These shorts help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot or banned by the life-guards.
3. For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the weather is warm enough!).
This product has received hundreds of positive reviews from swimmers who have seen significant improvements in body position, speed and endurance by training with buoyancy shorts. Despite the great feeling they give a swimmer in the water it’s best to only use these shorts during certain swim sets rather than the full session.
Sizes available are XS, S, M, L and XL. Each set of shorts has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size XS for waist sizes 26– 28, S for 30-32, M for 32 – 34, L for 34 – 36 and XL 36-38.
|X X Large||104-109||41-43|
Zone3 realiza envios a todo el mundo. Envios gratuitos a todo el territorio nacional Español en pedidos superiores a 75€. Zone3 no carga costes adicionales en caso de cambio de talla, gracias a nuestra política de cambios y devoluciones. Leer más