Men’s Lava Tri Shorts
- Premium fabrics ensure maximum performance and comfort throughout the race.
- Extremely high quality, Iron Performance pad by Cytech. Crucial for IM distances.
- Functional pocket design for race day nutrition.
Product Overview |
The award winning Lava collection launch in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazines Editor’s choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional.
New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
Just like the Lava Tri Top we have tried to make these shorts as comfortable and as high performance as possible. In 2013, 220 Magazine tested this two piece set and gave it a rating of 92% and the ‘Editor’s choice award’ saying that the shorts were “remarkably good on the saddle”. Materials have been carefully chosen to offer the best balance between support and comfort.
Key Features |
Sensory – Our Sensory fabric has an extremely smooth and soft feel together with a full water repellent coating to help minimise any water absorption. It is a supportive, breathable and sweat wicking fabric, designed for optimum comfort next to the saddle. It also benefits from a reflective coating to help minimise heat absorption from the sun.
Aquaflo – Our award winning Aquaflo fabric is also used for extra support and compression on the front legs. It is designed to give you low levels of drag thanks to its water repellent Teflon coating. You will notice that when the fabric has water splashed on to it, it will bead up and flow straight off the suit. It is made from Xtra-Life Lycra® which ensures great shape retention and comfort throughout the race.
Key features include:
1. Super snug waistband – A 3.5cm elastic waistband has been added on to the shorts for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit. No drawstring cord to prevent chafing.
2. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve your endurance and stamina.
3. Brand new ‘Iron Performance’ pad designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. The innovative perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running.
4. Designed to sit slightly higher on the waist then a normal Tri Short to ensure coverage on the back whilst in the Aero position.
5. Nutrition storage pockets on each side of the legs for easy access whilst on the bike or run.
6. Rear pocket: Also, a new rear zipped pocket perfect for valuables or nutrition which need a more secure fit during the swim and can be eaten on the way to T1.
7. Silicone UFO leg grippers : Newly designed leg grippers combine a soft elastic material with internal and external silicone. These grippers are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
8. Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
The Lava shorts and Top have taken a lot of research and development to get them to where they are today. Racing this distance is no easy task so we hope that these shorts will help you every step of the way. Full suits also available if preferred to separates.
|X Small||157-170||5ft 2 – 5ft 7||54 – 60kgs||119-132||81-86||32-34||66-76||26-30|
|Small||168-178||5ft 6 – 5ft 10||62 – 72kgs||136-158||86-97||34-38||71-76||28-31|
|Medium||170-185||5ft 7 – 6ft 1||68 – 78 kgs||150-172||91-102||36-40||79-84||31-33|
|Large||175-188||5ft 9 – 6ft 2||78 – 86 kgs||172-189||102-112||40-44||86-97||34-38|
|X Large||178-196||5ft 10 – 6ft 5||85 – 95 kgs||187-209||112-122||44-48||91-102||36-40|
|X X Large||178-196||5ft 10 – 6ft 5||90 – 105 kgs||198-231||117-127||46-50||91-107||36-42|
Zone3 realiza envios a todo el mundo. Envios gratuitos a todo el territorio nacional Español en pedidos superiores a 75€. Zone3 no carga costes adicionales en caso de cambio de talla, gracias a nuestra política de cambios y devoluciones. Leer más